Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Guidelines
Many of our clients have posed questions on how to handle their business during the pandemic, and how to move forward with their health spas in the age of Covid-19.
In this article we will recommend some Covid-19 resources, simple protocols and general guidelines to follow — to help deal with the current situation, and how we can move past it.
The Covid-19 Impact
The impact of Covid-19The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly taken the world by storm, and has given the healthcare sector, businesses and economies worldwide a complete makeover.
It was unexpected, and regardless of how it was responded to in different parts of the world, has caused innumerable setbacks and many challenges.
As the disease spread out of control in the early months of 2020, most societies declared states of emergency, mandating lock-downs to businesses, schools, air-travel and public/social gatherings.
Social distancing, sanitization and face covering protocols seemed to be effective at lowering the curve of infection.
The Road to Recovery
Covid-19 Safety MeasuresSeveral months later, in the fall of 2020, in an attempt to save the economy and move towards recovery, businesses have re-opened with new rules for customers, mainly involving social distancing and face covering protocols.
Most societies have implemented their own strategies to deal with this pandemic based on statistics and advice from medical experts, involving:
- Social distancing protocols.
- Cleanliness and sanitization procedures.
- Wearing face coverings or masks.
- Limiting the number of people in public or social groups.
- Self Isolating whenever possible.
- Quarantine if you experience any symptoms of or have had contact with anyone infected with Covid-19.
How are spa owners managing to keep the salt caves virus-free in the age of COVID-19?
As long as you comply with your local mandates, these are some guidelines you can follow:
- Instruct your visitors that for the purposes of lowering the curve, it’s best to be weary of, and follow, local mandates such as:
- Social distancing
- Wear a face covering or mask
- Wash hands frequently
- Disinfect with hand sanitizer
- Limit the touching of any surfaces
- After each session, wipe down any exposed surfaces (such as door knobs, chairs, light switches, etc.) using an antiseptic cleanser.
- Salt is a natural antiseptic (anti-bacterial and anti-viral), and the salt cave environment itself is sterile, especially when you factor in the salt aerosol in the atmosphere.
This article provides some clinical evidence on how salt therapy can boost your immune system in order to reduce possible infection.
Intake Screening Forms
Here’s another general Wellness Form that you can use to screen your clients.
You can create and customize your own intake forms, or you can use these example forms — just download and print them.
Following the guidelines above will help to minimize the spread of any possible infection, and will help to safely keep your salt cave spa open for business.
We hope you found the information above useful. Leave a comment below, or contact us if you have any questions.